Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Light

                                                                         Google Image


The sun's coming and going
The clouds toing and froing
Both have readied us for change
Showing nothing stays the same

Yesterdays light was a gift to sight
Viewing across the afternoon light
Sparkles bright bounce off the Bay
Soft thin cloud patched in the way

Blown by wind and turned by earth
Trees and mountains shadow dirt
All these things can beat their drum
As sparkles ride and ripples run

Steady wind seemed newly made
Wave-less water filled the Bay
All I watched was dimpled sea
Reflecting sunlight back to me

Shivered light across green sea
Looked transparent in front of me
And sparkled sun bounced my way
No matter where I stood that day

But now the sea seems different
Its bright light is harsh arranged
So squinting tight I turn my back
To shield my eyes with a wool hat

Today the sea is darkly raked
Streaked with foam chased by wake
Ripples on the waves aren't kind
Harsh reflections of sun can blind

Sunlight is always changing
And it makes every day amazing
Although we never peek for fun
Somehow we know it comes from sun