Friday, November 5, 2010

Morning Puddle

This morning at the Maritime museum before the sun came up I stepped out of my car into a pretty large puddle. I watched Chester drinking from the puddle when I let him out of the car. I noticed from where I stood that he was drinking up the reflection of a fairly expensive penthouse in the west end of Vancouver... and then three groups of three geese flew overhead as the morning began to emerge.


Shallow in a fall puddle
After the rain has fallen
Before the water soaks in
The sun’s back turned
Floods early morning
With darkness from deep water
Inviting me to watch
The joy of a sun’s welcome
Smiling rose reflected back
From an instant beyond my horizon
As city lights still shimmered
Paper thin on top of ponded rain
Three flights of geese
Return me to the morning world

No comments: